Thank you for your interest in the UW-Madison Summer Research Opportunities Program. The application opens on Nov 1st, 2020 and closes on Feb 15th, 2021.
Before you begin your application, please review the following information and instructions.
- This application consists of five tasks:
- Applicant Information & Education Form
- Program(s) Selection
- Essay Form
- Transcripts Upload
- Request Recommendations
- You may complete the tasks in any order but will not be able to submit your application until all tasks are completed.
- In order to create your account, click the 'Register' button (to the right) and create an account. You will be required to use a valid email address for correspondence.
- Once you sign in, this will be your main application hub. You can edit your tasks as often as you like until the deadline by logging in and revising the information you have already entered. However, you may only submit one application. From this hub, you may also resend recommendation requests and download a copy of your submission. In later stages, you may also be asked to log in and provide more information.
- Your references will be sent an email with a link and instructions when you complete each request. Please make sure the email address you enter is correct and that your references are expecting that email. Sometimes these emails may get caught in spam so please ask them to check their spam folder in the event that they don't see the recommendation request.
- Essay Form
- An essay is required of all applicants. You may either type your essay in the space provided or copy/paste your previously created essay into the textbox in the Essay Form task.
- Electronic transcripts are required of all applicants. If your school does not offer electronic transcripts, please scan a paper copy and save it as a PDF for uploading to this application. You can only upload one file, and a newer file will replace the older one when uploaded. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Big Ten Academic Alliance SROP Application
- If you plan to submit a Summer Research Opportunities Program (SROP) application through the Big Ten Academic Alliance (BTAA), PLEASE NOTE that we encourage students who have a strong interest in coming to UW-Madison to submit an application directly to us to secure the best possible placement.